4/18/11

This morning I thought I my living room was on fire!

So I woke up this morning and thought my living room was on fire. Let me explain. I sleep in a very dark room. I have blackout curtains (to keep the lighted parking lot out of my room). I can't see my hand in front of my face. However, I don't have curtains in the living room... just mini-blinds. I can see down the curved hallway into the entryway, which connects to the living room. When I woke up this morning, the only thing I could see in that hallway was an orange glow. I got out of bed, walking towards the living room, wondering where this strange light could be coming from - Was my living room on fire? Turns out, it was the sun.

My living room faces east and we were having a cloud-free, fire orange sunrise. It was such a surprise and shock to the system that my sleepy brain couldn't process. It has been awhile since I enjoyed that view. You see, if I didn't mention, it rains here. A lot. I mean, for almost 6 months. The sun was a welcome, if somewhat odd, sight.

Turns out, without the clouds to hold the heat in at night, it gets cold here! I went to work in short sleeves (fooled by the orange light in my living room). It was a whopping 37 degrees outside as I left for work. However, the sun remained around almost all day and did its best to warm up Corvallis.

Now I just have to find where I packed away those sunglasses back in October.

Currently Anticipating: A trip to Fresno, catching up with friends and mentors, a walk around the Oregon Garden, and the arrival of my sister, niece and nephew (all in the next 5 days)!
Currently Enjoying: Tom Petty's Angel Dream #2 and Cross Canadian Ragweed's Soul Gravy CD
Currently Dreading: an NSF grant deadline
Currently Watching: no TV... gave it up for Holy Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment