9/7/11

Finding my focus

Photo credits: Dani Ihtatho.


My focus is gone.
It is one of my strengths. In fact, on StrengthsFinder, it is my #4 strength.*

But it seems to be gone and I am not sure why.

I have some theories:
Perhaps it is because my back is angry right now and sitting for any length of time just wears on me. I get up to stretch and relieve the aching and I cannot seem to jump back to the same place.

Perhaps it is because the to-do list seems to grow, not shrink lately and the freedom I need to focus and not flit between projects just doesn't seem to be there.

Perhaps it is because there is no space in my life right now. I need to make room so I can have a profound workday.

I read a post recently about Getting Focused and Concentrating.(read it here)  My new goal is to turn off the music, close the email, make a shorter (daily) to do list and get my focus back.

*My Strengths are Achiever, Deliberative, Learner, Focus and Competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment