7/17/10

Wild Wild West

I was a tourist today. Well, first I drove from Grand Island, NE to Cheyenne, WY, (insert obligatory sign shot here) but then I was a total tourist.

I am talking guided tour of the city with camera in hand and, if I owned a fanny pack, I might have rocked it today.  Did I mention the tour was on a trolley? Cute, right?



I got to see all sorts of things, including:

The Cheyenne Frontier Days Arena and Museum. CFD actually starts next Saturday so I was a little early, but I remember watching videos of "The Daddy of 'em All" when left with a substitute during ag class. At the museum there was a statue to Lane Frost who died during the rodeo in 1989. The story was retold in '8 Seconds' with Luke Perry. I need to watch that again.


I did a drive-by of the Wyoming State Capitol Building



And, like the true plant geek that I am, I ended the day walking around the Cheyenne Botanic Garden...enjoy the photos.  I will also admit that I thought the Cheyenne area was going to be more mountainous... I was wrong. I will get to the mountains tomorrow as I drive through the Rocky Mountains to visit the Lawvers' in Logan, UT.

No comments:

Post a Comment