7/11/13

Home time - June 2013

Home. There really is nothing like being around people who have known you your whole life. They don't allow you to be anything other than who you are. While sometimes they forget that you have grown up, they really are the ones who loved you first.

My sister came to pick me up in Virginia so I saw my sister and her kids for a few hours before they took off to spend the week at the beach. I saw my mom and dad the most, but was also able to see a few friends and my brother - a rare treat indeed. I got to eat Bojangles (twice) and Stag and Doe (their 57 pizza is the most amazing pizza I have ever eaten) and my momma's home cooking. 

And, of course, the nieces. If we are friends in real life or you have been following for a while, you know my brother has three daughters that came pretty close together. They are currently 5, 3 and 2. We popper poppers to celebrate the 4th (early). We tried to be quiet in church. We picnicked in front of the TV with Spongebob. We played in the water. We ate Popsicles. We sat under blankets because Pa-paw keeps the house COLD! 





We tried to paint., but we were used to painting with water and the whole idea of dipping the brush in water, then paint then to the book and then back to the water was pretty complicated.





I also had a chance to visit with friends as we celebrated their baby boy turning 1. He didn't want to smash his cake, but once we gave him a truck he could use to destroy it, the cake didn't stand a chance. Happy first birthday Jonas.


No comments:

Post a Comment