4/16/14

Wooden Shoe Tulip Festival - April 13, 2014

Amazing weather and a willing friend meant a trip to the Wooden Shoe Tulip Fest in Woodburn, Oregon.


Apparently that weather triggered EVERYONE to go. Seriously, 2 hours to travel 8 miles in bumper to bumper traffic. It was 72, sunny, and the weekend before Easter so the place was mommicked with amateur photogs, moms with kids, and amateur photog moms.


I think this red and white striped one was my favorite.



Nope, it was definitely this red and yellow striped one.

The color was as overwhelming as the number of people.


If you were willing to wait in a line, the would haul you around in a wooden shoe "train" pulled by a John Deere Gator. In fact, there was a whole "Carnival" area with games and food. We skipped all of that. We were there for the flowers.


I did manage to get one good shot of Mt Hood without other people in the middle, but I had to go to the edge of the fields. 

Now that I see the purple and pink - they might be my favorites. How is a girl to choose?

No comments:

Post a Comment