11/19/10

Home for A holiday

I took an unexpected trip home October 28-November 10 for my dad to have open heart surgery. Dad is doing great.... and I am mostly caught up from missing 1/5 of the term (Eeek!)

This is me, my dad Phil, and my older sister Melissa around 1980.

It is never fun to face the fragility of life, but it was nice to be home. I had a chance to celebrate Halloween with the family for the first time in 4 years. My brother's girls were both Oregon State cheerleaders. My sister's kids were a mobster and a devil woman. This is the obligatory pre-trick-or-treat picture in the front yard of grandma and grandpa's house.


It is easier to see the big kid costumes in this picture.  I love it!


Because I was just home for a random mid-term trip, I will not be home for Thanksgiving. I will, however, still be feasting with friends here in Oregon. And, I will still get back to NC for a long Christmas holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment