7/9/14

Greenhousing it... in July

I love plants - if you have been reading the blog for a while, you know this. I take vacations and seek out botanical gardens. I post pictures of my yard regularly.

I have a degree in Agricultural Education with a minor in Horticulture. I took plant ID at NCSU for fun. I thought about pursing Horticulture as a full time occupation.  While working at Southern Guilford, I was lucky enough to teach almost all Horticulture all day. I coached plant ID teams and taught kids to be plant geeks like me. I loved my plant geeks!

So...It might be July 9th and it might be 90+ degrees outside, but I am working with Oregon Agriculture Teachers and OSU Horticulture staff to put on an Educational Greenhouse Management Course.

We have been learning about heating, cooling, lighting, greenhouse engineering, fertigation, integrated pest management, maintenance and renovation. We will keep working this week on irrigation and crop scheduling. They are a small group, but a fun bunch. And Rich Regan in the OSU Horticulture Department has been great to work with throughout the whole process.






No comments:

Post a Comment