2/4/11

How I am filling my "free time"

Santa got me a Wii and a Kindle for Christmas... it's what you do when local friendships are still a work in progress and deep friendships live a Skype-call (or 2000 miles) away. Oh and family is 3000 miles away. In order to not work ALL the time, I need a fun distraction. Wii and Kindle are that distraction. I play MarioKart until my thumb hurts from using the 2button as the gas pedal and Wii fit until I am sweating up a storm. I have actually had a friend over to play the Wii... my first real apartment visitor. I have also read a lot in the last month:

The Girl Who Played with Fire AND The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest Steig Larsson (I had read the first one before fall term began.)

A Million Miles in 1000 Years by Donald Miller (for book club)

Freedom: A Novel by Jonathan Franzen

My current "To read" list (also known as the giant pile of books on my desk that I need to read before I buy anything else on the Kindle....)

Persuasion by Jane Austen (the next book club book)

Blue Like Jazz (because I don't want to be the only one in my book club not to have read it)

UnChristian

Redeeming Love

Introverts in the Church
Room

Pride and Prejudice

I want to read at least one work by Mary Alice Monroe...maybe more if I like her style. This author came as a recommendation of someone in my water aerobics class. The work is set in the South. I think I am going to like it.

Leadership: Theory and Practice (It's the required text for the course I am teaching spring term..I should probably read it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment