2/14/11

I Have My Moments!

I know I appear to have it together most of the time. Here's a secret: I have my moments when it all falls apart. So here's the story: I park in a fairly tight parking space... my assigned parking space is between a full-sized pick-up truck and a pole (for the covered parking).


Coming home from work today, I misjudged while parking. That is the only way to explain it: misjudged. I wasn't distracted by the radio or my phone. I was just parking. I was watching what I was doing. And, then I heard it: SCRAPE. Ugh. I knew immediately what I had done yet I sat in the car going "NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!" Not my beautiful Murano! It has only been mine for 7 months (this week).


So, I did what I do in these situations: I called my mom. She was full of perspective like "it happens to the best of us" and "don't be so hard on yourself". I wasn't mad or hurt. Just annoyed with myself. She also reminded me that she backed into my dad's car in the driveway. I guess it could be genetic?!?

Now comes the fun or figuring out whether to file an insurance claim or just handle the cost of repairs myself.

While we are on the topic of me doing dumb things... I was told I needed to blog the results of my little tumble on campus last Tuesday afternoon. It made for a number of nice, colorful bruises - like this one. No worries. They have already started to heal.

Side note, really difficult to take a picture of your own arm with a camera phone :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment